Re: overweight an issue? - Weight vs. lean mass

> And how, again, did you measure excessive thinness?

Henneke's condition scoring system, explained here:

http://www.shady-acres.com/susan/conditionscore.shtml

That just gave us a method of categorizing the horses into groups.
"Excessive thinness" didn't come into play until the results showed us the
relative performance between the groups.

> At any rate, no matter what the "condition" of the horse, it is clear that
> heavier rider weight is more costly. If there are two horses, both
weighting
> the same, both having equal "condition", one carrying a 150 lb load and
> another carrying a 250 lb load, then the latter is going to be under more
> exercise stress.

Yup, sure is---but if both horses have a big enough gas tank to do the
task...again, so what?

In addition, my initial statement was that a smaller horse,
> give all other variables the same, will pay a bigger price for having the
> same 170 lb rider on his back than a larger horse. I believe that
statement
> holds up as well, despite your initial argument against.

Define "bigger price".

Susan G