Re: RC: FYI

In a message dated 7/25/00 10:06:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, AppaLucie
writes:

<< OK I give up ... can you summarize this report in English ---Please?

         Do I have it right?   Fat don't Help   That is my Reader's Digest
version...                                                      Lucie Hess >>

According to this paper:

"The hypothesis tested was that dietary fat, when compared with an
isoenergetic amount of non-structural carbohydrates, stimulates lipolysis in
adipose tissue and also stimulates the fatty-acid oxidative capacity in
skeletal muscle from horses. ...It is concluded that our hypothesis is not
supported by the present results."

That is, there was no "fat adaptation" observed in this experiment.

ti