Re: RC: Re:overweight an issue? - Weight vs. lean mass

In a message dated 07/25/2000 2:40:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Tivers@aol.com writes:

<< This suggests that, as a percentage of body
 weight of the horse, rider weight can impact stress loads significantly. The
 smaller the horse and the heavier the rider, the more the negative impact.

Ok, then how does size of the horse compare to weight? I have a 15 hand mare
who is 950 lbsand a 14.2 gelding who is 975 lbs. Both are in good flesh, not
too fat not too lean. I guess my question is.... Is it the size of the horse
or the weight of the horse that this comes into play?

Maria