Re: RC: Re:overweight an issue? - Weight vs. lean mass

> Didn't I see a study from Susan G on the 1996 Tevis that said rider >
weight/rider> weight to horse ratio had no impact in endurance?

Hmm, here's a new area to research Susan.  As I recall, the one year that
the ROC was 150 miles (in 2 days) it was won by a heavyweight.
So...maybe you should be grading the riders the way you are the horses to
see if they're carrying enough fat to get them through the long haul.
(quick, somebody feed Steph!)

And as to the person who posted about Weebles... I used to ride with a
girl with toothpick legs and a very overdeveloped chest.  Every time her
horse spooked it launched her like a rocket. >eg<  One day she tried to
hop on the horse from a boulder and went straight over and landed on the
ground.  Made me glad my ballast is low. ;-D

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.