RE: Ride Managers..HEART OF OUR SPORT..

From one desert RM to another: WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER.  My first RM experience was with our 50 km when the water truck got stuck in the sand and I had to get water out to 100 horses and riders on the second loop FAST. Teenagers with 4 wheelers and extraordinary amounts of bottles and jerry cans. Horrific day.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
gabbani@starnet.com.eg

 -----Original Message-----
From: Lif Strand [mailto:fasterhorses@gilanet.com]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2000 8:08 PM
To: darkcat5@yahoo.com; Ridecamp
Subject: RC: Ride Managers..HEART OF OUR SPORT..

Hi Debbie - my husband and I will be putting on a race next year here in NM - it'll be our first time as RMs.  So far I've got AERC's package, I'm asking questions, I've worked out the trail with the Forestry Dept., I've got the base camp secured, I've talked to people about helping and in Aug/Sept. we will measure the trail.  Any advice for a newbie RM?

Hey all you other experienced RMs - What's the one or two most important things to make sure to deal with, in your experience?  And if you don't mind making it public, do you have any stories to tell of "RMs Most Stupid Goofs", not just for laughs but for a warning, too?

Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609