Easyboots bruising hooves

I went for a slow training ride today - about 20 miles in 5 hours. The
easyboots left a purple bruise on the top center of the horse's front feet.
(white socks so the feet are light). I had only used them on this horse 1
time before for a shorter ride. The boots are the right size (I measured his
feet) and the back of the boots is cut down to the line. The front of the
boots is cut down as far as possible. I feel awful because I must have had
the buckle too tight, but I never heard of this problem before. My hands are
not strong but I flip the buckle down with my foot.

                                                       Shelly in DE