Re: RC: Re: SKI JOERING

In a message dated 1/22/00 5:07:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
RockingB@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Although I haven't tried it myself, in all the pictures I've
 seen you have to have a rider and a skier.  The rider uses a
 western saddle and dallies the tow rope on the horn.  When
 you figure out how to rig it for just a skier I'd like to
 see a photo! >>

That's how we did it when I was a kid!  I never did like to ski, so I was
always the rider.  It was pretty much like water skiing behind a horse...
One of the interesting challenges for the skier, though, was to dodge the
"snowballs" being thrown back out of the horse's feet--they could get kinda
nasty if the snow was just right!

Heidi