Re: RC: Frozen?Not Osceola/FL

In a message dated 01/22/2000 12:43:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<<
 Jean Wonser cpfjean@bellsouth.net
 I know Howard can be funny but this is real wimpy
 stuff.

 True we had a near frost Jan. 15, and it was nippy to get
 organized for The Osceola start at 530 am on 100;  But by the
 50 start at 730am it was dawn and rapidly warming  (hi Jacksonville
 that day mid 60's).

 In fact, the three of us together on yellow loop had steaming
 horses at the first VC.  We had to blanket their rumps of course
 but that is about as good as it gets when you get tired of
 90F-90% in July.

 Actually people emailed from Ohio on their return saying
 they all went into shock returning into the frozen north
 at l2 degrees.

 Steph asked a question about elkes I have not seen addressed.
 Where are all the mouthy FL riders now on a question of actual
 importance??

 On the average I put a horse preparing to compete on elkes about

Jean,

I don't know where you were that morning but it must have not been outside
because it was cold!!!  All our water buckets that we sat out the night
before were frozen solid!  A little bit of frost will not freeze a bucket of
water solid.  As a pit crew member standing around waiting, it was
cold!!!!!!!!  When the first 100s came in there were no P&R or vets available
and my guess is because it was cold and they were in the ride motorhome
staying warm.!!!!!  I don't think Howard is a whimp!!!  It was cold!!!!!

Phil