horse jobs

I too wanted to have a career in horses.  I got an Equine Science  degree
from Colorado State and started managing a small Arabian farm in Indiana, all
was well until I discovered an endurance rider and started doing that. then
the 60-80 hours a week no longer fit into my plans!!! I did it for 3 years
though, and loved my job. then after having a horse fall on me and breaking
my femur, I decided I loved endurance too much to have a career that was
interfering with it!!!  So while I was off recovering. I started looking for
another job.  One with no weekends,(of course) and better pay. So, I have
worked for the USDA for 8 years. It pays for my horse antics and I don't have
to mess with anyone else's crazy arabs!!!(mine are enough)

I do use my degree all the time though, for everdaystuff.  I suggest you go
to school, so you can afford to do the horse stuff you want to do.........it
Ain't cheap

amy whelan