RC: RE: Stallion behavior

Well not that I would but I could never whip my stallion anyway! Here we
show our stallions in hand with a leather covered cane and a bridle (with
snaffle bit) and when I work at home I use it to push him off me when he
doesn't go straight by poking in the neck, I also use it to keep him
occupied while standing in front of him in the lineup by letting him chew
the end. On occasion at home when he has been unruly and I want to wack him
on the neck (a quick wack that with the flimsy covered cane is not realy
felt) he backs up before I even do it, he knows he has been naughty so he
backs as soon as he has done the naughty dead and stays just out of reach
on the lead! nine times out of ten I end up laughing at his cleverness and
we go on with our schooling. To this day I have always been able to go
between any stallion I own and I mare in heat he may be trying to cover
with no problems, I push between put on his halter and lead him away, I
have also always been able to handle my stallions at rides (at shows
restraint is required), at home and around other horses with just a halter
no chain etc.

Celeste (South Africa)
Mawlud (arabian gelding)
Shadixx (appaloosa stallion)