RC: tying up and heat cycles

In a message dated 01/15/2000 8:14:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mountss@usfca.edu writes:

<< Any comments on a possible connection between her tying up and her great
 passion for the visitor (she never acts this way about my gelding that she
 lives with all the time)? >>

When my mare tied up for the first time some years ago, the first thing a vet
asked me was "is she in heat?"  Apparently there IS some connection between
the two.  I'm sure someone with greater knowledge than I could give you a
more extensive answer.

Barbara