RC: Wintec Saddle etc.

   Hello, In response to your Wintec question.  I used a Sport Endurance saddle
made by Wintec for nearly six years.  Most of which was before I began riding
Competitive Trail rides. I purchased the Wintec when they still cost less than
$300.00. I used this saddle on several 25's and thought it quite comfortable
with a Cloud Nine thick (2") pad With no dry areas or soreness.  I only had one
problem that is with the billets.  The neoprene covering bubbled up around the
fifth or sixth hole so I used a razor blade to trim it away while suffering no
ill effects. Just trimmed the front not the back.
   Recently I sold the horse that this saddle was fitted to and included it with
the horse.  The saddle was showing some wear where the stirrup leathers had been
rubbing.  My new (in training) gelding has a American Saddlery #800 endurance
saddle that fits him well.  This cost $510 plus tax last fall.  The Wintec's are
good saddles at least they used to be.  The old one I had I loved.
I was going to get another one to replace it but I was told that the saddles
were no longer made in Australia but had been moved to one of the far east
countries.  So I opted to go with the American Saddlery saddle.
 The American Saddlery is in Chattanooga Tn. but you would have to go through a
retail shop as the don't sell directly to individuals.  These are all leather
saddles too.  The Buckhorn is another saddle in the same or close price range.
It has synthetic skirt and fenders and a leather seat.  I looked at Abetta's too
but decided I needed something that was in my budget as they were but that could
take a little more punishment that what some folks told me the Abetta's could.
I hope this is of some help I did this search around 5 months ago and posted
some questions on the Abetta's to Ridecamp, the responses may found in the
archive section od Ridecamp.

Don Pollock &
JR, Oh dad do I have to go back to school, I hope the bruises heal quickly.
begin:vcard
n:Pollock;Don & Linda
tel;home:(502) 839-8188
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;1400 Birdie Road;Lawrenceburg;Kentucky;40342;
version:2.1
email;internet:donp@dcr.net
fn:Don & Linda Pollock
end:vcard