RC: Re: RE: slant load vs straight load

Just remembered what happened to me when I had a straightload with a manger.
Horse choked on hay and couldn't put his head down far enough to dislodge the
piece.  By the time I arrived home to unload him he was in a bad way.  Didn't
have a clue what was going on back there as I was driving.   Called the vet
and he lived but it was a close call.   Now with my slant ,horses can put
there heads down far enough to cough up anything caught in the throat.
Pam in Reno