RC: Viral infection

Hi. Got a question for vets or anyone with experience in this. We are spang
in the middle of a wonderful epidemic of what looks like an equine
influenza. The usual onset is with either a mild runny nose or a cough and
for those of us who have been taking care of our horses it's more or less
stayed that way. They're eating ok and not running fevers, but at any gait
above a walk they cough. We've been giving Vit C IM (3 gm/ Arab and 4
gm/Warmblood daily) for the duration. In some of the less anal stables there
are some very sick horses, and the infection rate is absolutely horrendous.
Anyone have any ideas?
BTW, even horses who have been vaccinated with our usual vaccines have been
sick.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
gabbani@starnet.com.eg