Re: RC: Re: Horses requiring vet care at Tevis

In a message dated 7/21/00 11:54:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DVeritas@aol.com writes:

<<  The "stigma" of providing an IV bag to horse should never outweigh taking
 care of the horse at the vet check, if possible. >>

Having had to "go there" once with Harca  3 years ago -- bad day.  I'd agree,
let's not make the mere idea of IVing a horse so reprehensible that we don't
do it when needed.  When the IV was offered to Harca as a preventitive, I
took it!  For whatever reason he had a really bad day and finished a 50
needing some help.  We had vetted out (all A's btw) i took him back to the
trailer and he pretty literally crashed.  Took him straight back to the vets
for help.  Thank God they were competent and able to help him.  He definitely
needed the IV.  I would hate to see someone avoid that option for their horse
because of this recent discussion.

Sylvia