Re: RC: hoof puncture comfort

In a message dated 7/20/00 12:23:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
michrowe@frontier.net writes:

<< I have a horse who is barefoot in back that came in yesterday with a nail
 about 1" in the LR hoof, luckily at a low angle.  Vet looked at it & treated
 it ASAP, we think it will be ok, but she's still sore and lame today.  When
 I repacked it with iodine today I cut a piece of horseshoe shaped dense foam
 and stuck it in the EZ boot to unload the frog (where the puncture was).  Is
 there anything else that might really bring comfort to the sore, bruised
 foot?  She's on bute 2x per day (2g a.m., 1g p.m.).  I bet that thing is
 really throbbing.

Consider soaking it in Epsom Salts for a few days.

ti