Californio 100 to Tevis

Marci Cunningham mcunningham@calcot.com
I want to set the record straight on Tammy's behalf.  The
Californio 100 is the ride her horse completed prior to Tevis.
This ride was June 3 and according to my calculations this was
6 weeks prior to Tevis, which was July 15.  I rode the
Californio 100 and while I finished long after Charlie Robinson,
who was riding the horse Tammy rode at Tevis, the horse looked
great the next morning, as did my horse also.  Tammy was
crewing for the rest of her family, who all finished the ride.
There is no reason a well conditioned horse can't do 100's
6 weeks apart.  In fact, the Californio 100 is a great warm-up
for Tevis.

Happy Trails,
Marci Cunningham
Bakersfield CA