Funny horse dreams

Dream vs. Reality of horse ownership!

Dream: Husband would suddenly develop an interest in horses. We would
finally share an activity.
Reality: Husband ignores horses, except for an occasional resentful comment
about how I complain I don't have enough time.

Dream: Older daughter would enjoy a pony. We would share an activity.
Reality: Older daughter finds horses too solitary a sport and too much
manual labor. Pony gets sold to a horse-crazy pony-clubber. Daughter blames
me
for selling her pony.

Dream: Barn would be my refuge. Riding would be my SRA (Sanity Restoration
Activity).
Reality: Dead on.

Dream: Guests who say they know how to ride will be right.
Reality: Most end up falling off and blaming the horse.

Dream: Guests who say they don't know how to ride will be right.
Reality: They're actually not too bad.

Dream: Teenagers who say they want to do barn chores in return for riding
will be reliable.
Reality: They are very reliable as long as school, heavy dates, trips and
nail appointments don't get in the way.

Dream: Horsey friends will suddenly materialize and we will share many
trail rides.
Reality: Everyone else is as busy as I am and trail ride blocks of time
are almost impossible to find.

Dream: Boarding someone else's horse would mean we'd share the work.
Reality: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dream: I'd be a really good rider after a few years.
Reality: Well, I'm better than I was...

Dream: Horses would be wonderful to own.
Reality: They are.

Dream: I'll only need to have the vet out twice a year for vaccines, and
teeth floating.
Reality: The vet is out every _week_ and half my paycheck automatically
goes
to her clinic.

Dream: I'll find the time to ride at least five times a week.
Reality: On a good week, I have the time or energy to ride once.

Dream: I only need one horse.
Reality: Well, maybe I need two or three (or four or five)

Dream: My barn will be fly free because I have fabulous manure and fly
management.
Reality: Flies. Everywhere. No matter what you do.

Dream: My horses will all get along.
Reality: Remember that one about the vet...?

Dream: It'll be really easy to find a good barn, close by, with nice people
and reasonably priced.
Reality: Give up after months of hell holes and build your own.

Dream: All farriers know what they're doing, and a really good one will be
as easy to find as that barn.
Reality: Once you find one that doesn't lame your horse, you find out he's
always at least two hours late.