Re: TEVIS PROTEST AND WARNING TO FUTURE RIDERS

I wanted to address one item I think you were told in error.

You stated "THEN I FOUND OUT FROM A
WITNESS THAT UP TO 10 RIDERS WERE ALLOWED THROUGH THE CLOSED
GATE AND SOME WENT ON TO COMPLETE(THE THIRD ISSUE)THE WAY WE WERE"
I was also one those riders got in the Pac.Mine SlabVC, but I managed to
catch up by Deadwood.  I only had 7 and 5 minutes to spare at Michigan Bluff
and Foresthill.  I was able to ride with a few others a ways out of
Foresthill.  We stayed together to the end(by the way there great and
sometimes humorous riding partners), anywhere about 20 to 25 minutes ahead
of deadline at next 2 checks.  We finished just 8 to 10 from the allowed
time.(That's another story, but ended happily)   What I'm getting at there
was never 10 horses behind us.   Only a couple other horses behind at end.
One we caught and another just behind us(he was always just behind us,
mostly just out of sight, but he has a great crew person that was really
good to me and my horse.   I look forward to seeing her at Headwaters of the
Rogue.)

I would also like to thank the people along the way that helped and
encouraged me and my horse, Shaq(Kings Flash).  I would especially like to
thank  Dr.Jamie Kerr for his encouragement.  It really meant a lot.

Gail Hought
www.hought.com
hought@humboldt1.com