Re: RC: Tevis - Slower riders

In a message dated 7/19/00 6:46:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
hillfolk@foothill.net writes:

<< Tammy.  I am sorry for your poor performance at Tevis this year.  First of
all, I
 am prejudice.  I am a member of the board of governors of the Western States
 Trail Foundation and a successful finisher of this years ride.  Rather than
 criticize your entire note, I first must first disagree about the horse food
and
 say that i found plenty and a quick poll of the vc captains found your
statements
 not true.  i am sure most readers find many reasons you did poorly, perhaps
most
 of all because your horse top 10ed a 100 mile ride just 3 weeks previous. no
 wonder she was glassy eyed.  you are upset and find it easier to blame
others for
 your short comings.  learn from your bad experiences, assume blame for your
 failures and move forward.
 charles v gabri

    First of all it wasn't a poor performance!  You can't do a ride without
feed! Second, our horse is used to doing multidays and one week later doing a
hundred.  I find that of course you are prejudice, you wouldn't even consider
that there was no proper hay, bran, and a farrier supplied because your one
of the people that might be responsible for this bad planning.  Our horse did
1125 miles last year just in multidays and a total of 1575 miles for the year
of 1999.  You can't do that by using your horse once a month.
    You have no right to judge me on how I perform with my horse.  You didn't
win the Nat'l 1st place Pioneer Heavyweight Championship for last year, we
did, and you do have to know what your doing to win that.  It's not done in
just one 24 hour ride once a year!

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
661/513-9269