Re:-uh-oh, insult...( long)

OK,
With all this farrier talk how about this uh-oh.
I had a horse for sale, a very nice gelding (now sold) . A woman came to
look at him liked him but had a few questions about his front legs(scars). I
told her he had no problems with them how that they were healed. After
talking with her for a while turned out she knew my farrier, I told her to
ask him about the horse as he had always trimmed him for me. The next day
she called back and said she didn't what the horse unless I would take small
payments. As the farrier told her the gelding was CRAZY, and if he was, that
way  she wouldn't be stuck with him. Well I told her no payments as I wasn't
in a hurry to sell him any way and he was only for sale to a good home. She
went on to say that the farrier had told her the horse was  sound , but evil
and had tried to hurt him not once, but twice. Only time the horse even
acted up for him it was his fault and at the time he even admitted it. I
have kids and no way would I even think of having a horse like she discribed
on my farm. I asked him if he said it and he said yes , he didn't think it
was the horse for her, and wanted to discourage her from buying him and
besides he really didn't like the horse. So what do you do then?
He is the best farrier I've ever know , always on time, really knows his
craft, has kept my horses sound  for 13 years.  He is alway full of gossip
about other people and thier horses, which I don't like, but was nieve I
guess thinking he was honest, and wouldn't lie about things.
 Do I just forget he said it,or go find another farrier? Now I know I told
her to ask him, But this just upsets me. I trust his opinion on a horses
soundness.  But can he really tell if a horse is crazy from a 20 minute trim
job? I don't think so.  I think he really over stepped his bounds here. I've
had this horse for 4 years, my kids rode this horse, just a few days ago he
was ridden  all day  on wooded trails , by  16 year old a girl who hasn't
been on a horse for years. He is a good horse, sound and sane. Its just that
I had to many. He's sold now to be picked up in a few weeks to a very nice
couple, he'll have a great endurance home. Maybe, I should thank the farrier
for messing up that sale:))
I got  a deffent farrier to trim last time.  He was gentle with the horses
and seemed to know what he was doing. But I'm not as pleased with his work,
the hooves are a little longer  in the toes. Do I go back the the old one
( who up till now I considered a friend) or keep looking to find a new one?
Tami

 PS Just remember that when there is  gossip, on the next farm he maybe
gossiping about your horses:(( And sometimes its not true!