From: Kathy Mayeda [mailto:kathy_mayeda@atce.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 7:09 PM
To: webmaster; ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: uh-oh, Insulted Farrier - and then some.....

Which is a REAL interesting point.  I have used two woman farriers that I
think were very nice and somewhat competent.  They just were never available
at the right time for me and I found the farrier that I could work with.
Never had a disagreement with either of them, but most of the other male
farriers I worked with were grumpy and took things sooo personally.  (After
all, why should a woman have brains and question their authority?.......)

Yes, I know, there are a thousands of exceptions to every rule and there are
wonderful farriers of either sex and grumpy farriers of either sex.  I just
felt like dishing it out.

Okay Salim - flame on.  I know you're out to get me.  I'm just soooo
paranoid. (ha!)   I would really like to meet you in person and then we
could give each other a hard time face to face.  I would enjoy that a lot
better. It is much more fun to argue with a smile and agree to disagree.

I just find it real amusing that you would bring this up!  Bob Morris - ya
gonna join the flame war?  I've just spent the day being a woman in an
electrical engineering office.  I'm game to take on anyone now that I just
got warmed up.

(Except maybe Tom Ivers, I'm scared of HIM!)

Okay - so much for my emotional outburst for the day, folks. That
"hot-button" has now been desensitized. I need to ride my horse - after all
this is Ridecamp - not Gloria Steinem's website.  You can hit the DELETE
button now!

K.

P.S.  I stuck a sappy "pat on the back" note to my farrier in with the check
and called him after my first endurance ride this year raving about his
shoeing job.  I'm hoping a little honey will go a long way in keeping a good
relationship with him.