Re: RC: Horses in California

Welcome in advance.  Reply comes to you from Norco, which is just west of
Riverside where the 15 meets the 91.

All I know about the beach areas is that you have to be richer than I am
to live there.  One can reasonably assume that horse-keeping costs
reflect that as well.

On the other hand, for comparison purposes, board per month in Norco
generally runs around $125, all inclusive.  Norco has no sidewalks; only
horse trails.  The whole town is horse-oriented.  Even Jack in the Box,
Wendy's, Carls, McDonalds and the Saddle Sore Saloon have hitching posts
and automatic waterers for the horses.  We have no less than 10 feed
stores on the main drag alone.  Sunday services are on horseback at some
churches, and a few of the parks have public-use arenas.  Horse trails
are really excellent in the riverbed and in the hills.  There are several
horse clubs in the area, including the Saddle Sore Riders (named after
the saloon) who alone boast 500+ members.

COME TO THE NORCO RIVERDANCE ENDURANCE RIDE ON 9/2 and check it out if
you wish.  There will be alot of So Cal riders there.

Good luck.