Re: RC: Biotin questions

I had my Anglo-Arab filly on biotin pretty much from the time she was a
yearling (when she had an abcess and the vet pared only 1/8th inch before
hitting sensitive tissue) until about 6-8 months ago.  Occasionally ran out
of biotin and didn't buy more for a couple weeks during that time.  No
significant difference in behavior, but the mare (now 6) has decent feet,
with good walls, and reasonably thick soles, and doesn't seem to mind going
over rocks as much as she did as a younger horse.  She used to act real
tender footed.  Definitely not a scientific study.  My farrier and vet both
told me it would probably do some good, and it seems it did.