Loin rubbing

Alison Dunn alCritters@hotmail.com
Help!  I had trouble with a saddle I had, and ended up
buying a used sports saddle.  I tried it out on 2 shortish rides - a
couple of hours each.  It seemed to work well enough (and the price
was good enough) to buy it and work with it.  He's not a great downhill
horse, but he goes better downhill in this sport saddle than he
has in any other saddle I've tried.  I'd bought one of
those Dixie midnight nosweat vent pads that I started using with it, thinking the air circulation would be better
with it.  Sorin got A's and B+'s on his back - and no flaking later
from scalding. AND no back soreness the next day!  BUUUTTTT - the
hair on his loins is slowly rubbing off!  He doesn't push off with his hind
end as much as I'd like (he has come a long way - but there is more to
go).  Maybe that has something to do with it?  He didn't rub in his
other saddle - but it is shorter than this sports saddle.  I don't
know if it is the pad, or the sports saddle.  I've stopped using
the no sweat vent pad for now.  (Darn, have to start washing saddle
pads again!)  Any one else have rubbing problems with sport saddles
or this vent pad?