Re: Sources of information

Hi Liz,

>How can I find out if there is someone in my area willing to help me get
>started?

It seems that I was way too limiting in my information.  Checking a little
for you, I was reminded that the mentorship program is international.  Go
to the AERC home page at aerc.org.  From there you can find many links.  If
select "help for new riders"  you will be taken to the Newbies page of
Endurance Net.  I checked and there is a mentor in Boise.  If you haven't
already, browse through the Rider Handbook, Vet Handbook and Rules and
Regulations on the AERC site.  You'll find lots of valuable information.
Good luck and welcome to the sport!
Liz

: