distance ambassadors (was LD and BC)

How many states have state horse councils?  I know Ohio does, and several
chapters are involved in helping managers put on rides.  If any of the states do
that can be a good way to "advertise".  I belong to the Ohio Horseman's Council,
Greene County Chapter, and am speaking next month at a meeting of the Montgomery
County Chapter on distance riding.  I ride competitive and work endurance (and I
guess once Deanna and Salina are going I'll be crewing as well), so I'm always
willing to advertise the sport.
If any of you are looking for ways to interest new people, this might be an
option, if you can hook up with local groups like that.  And of course once
people know what you do, if someone asks them about the sport they'll likely roll
their eyes and say "Oh yeah, you need to talk to so-and-so; (s)he does that fool
stuff..."
Mickie