Re: RC: ok, next question - jake brakes

    The difference between a retarder and a jack break and how they work
result in the same effect.  We used to own semi's (about 5) some had jakes
and some had retarders.
    I'll check on the proper term of exactly what it is that we have on our
truck and get back with you.  I wouldn't tow my big rig without one though.
Been there, done that, with bad results.  Our rig weights 12000 lbs empty!
It's a 4 Star, with mid & rear tack rooms with a hugh living quarters and
bathroom.  If you were at the 1998 AERC Convention it was on display in the
back of the room.

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
661/513-9269