loops back to camp...

> I cannot EVEN imagine riding endurance this way.  Clearly the
> people who ride endurance in such areas (looping back to camp on
> four times on the same 12.5 mile trail to get 50 miles in) are
> motivated differently than I am.

I rode in TX for 3 years and learned to like the loops back to camp.  If
you are crewing for yourself - it can be really nice to come back to
your trailer where everything is set up and you have not forgotten to
send something along with the truck to the next vet check.

You can even change clothes - take a shower... a nap.  I knew one guy
who used to clean up and shave. Said he felt much better going out
again on the 100s.

While there might not be the change of scenery - loops
back to camp have some nice features.

Mike