Re: RC: Ridecamp post

At 07:02 PM 7/5/00 -0700, Paula C Gentry wrote:
I get tired of defending cowboys because of less-than-stellar examples within the profession. Ray Hunt, Tom Dorrance and Buck Brannaman, pioneers of natural horsemanship, all cowboys.

Well, one might point out that Ray, Tom and Buck left being cowboys for natural horsemanship for a reason, if one was inclined to be argumentative, but I would never do that.

Maybe it all just depends where the cowboys you see are located.  Around here "cowboy horsemanship" is fairly brutal.  I'm not saying all cowboy types are like that but there sure are a lot of them around here.  Remember, just because you were weaned on horseback doesn't mean you know how to deal with horses well and fairly.  For lots of people - even endurance riders! - it just mean you don't feel like you have any homework to do.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609