Re: 3rd Loop Blues?

In a message dated 7/5/00 11:00:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sbrown@wamedes.com writes:

<<  What if the horse
 is ready for LD but not for a longer distance...do you wait it out and not
 compete in order to not give the horse the wrong idea about what will
 eventually be expected of him?  What about the folks that only have one
 horse and don't want to wait but want to enjoy the aspects of endurance
 riding before the horse is ready to do a 50?  How many long term
 competitors actually *do* wait until the horse is ready for a 50 before
 they go to their first competition? >>

Yep, we wait.  And it's my impression that a great many long term competitors
do likewise.  I've done a total of 3 LD's in my life--ALL for the benefit of
people, not horses....

Heidi