Re: RC: Re: LD and BC

Sue
That's a wonderful idea! I've ridden since I could walk and done all day
trail rides since I was a kid. BUT I don't pretend to know beans about
true distance riding--- just what I've picked up on ridecamp. And all
your talk about electrolytes, GL, heart-rate monitors and Lord knows all
the other high tech stuff leaves me very intimidated. I went to one 25
miler with Linda Hedgpeth. Unfortunately it rained--- we were completely
unprepared for that possibility, plus the trails were slick. With two
horses/riders on their first 25, we thought the better part of valor was
to cut our losses and call it a nice camping trip. Disappointing but I
know how apprehensive I was on this 25 miler--- can't even imagine doing
a 50 (although I have gone 50 miles in all day trail rides--- but
totally different). It would be nice if there were 25's specifically
geared towards the "I know not and know that I know nots" with lectures
and workshops offered the day before the ride--- kind of a workshop
environment. If anyone would like to put on such an event at my place, I
have the facility plus I'm close to Montana De Oro--- a fabulous riding
place where you can ride both on the beach and in the woods. Couldn't
house HUNDREDS, but enough people to have a good size group. Email me if
anyone is interested or has a similar idea. Looks like many of us could
benefit.
Bette
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov
(yes, REALLY!)
http://www.arabiansporthorse.com