RE: LD and BC

I agree with you Howie!

Having spent more time volunteering at rides than actually riding rides to
date, I can't imagine vets and ride management judging best condition for
25s.

I know of one rider that has her 1st place prize for a 25-miler proudly
mounted on her trailer.  This rider will never do a 50 mile ride because of
her horse is a little elderly.  And her horse was in good condition, fit to
continue at the end.   And then there are those who want to do these rides
for the fun of it and don't have time to condition a horse to do 50's.  And
those that want a short, fast ride (or race).

I personally would not want to do another 25 miles unless its for another
"greenie", because a 50 mile ride to me is a totally different strategy that
I need to master, and the only way I could do that is to ride 50s.

I wouldn't want to see the LD rides changed in any way.  They are training
rides for moving up, and they are real rides for horses who's riders do not
want to do 50's and up.  And let's keep it simple.  I think the ride
managers at the rides I've been at so far are doing a great job in keeping
everyone motivated to stay in the sport!

Kathy