gangly Arab

I need help/advice.  Spellbinder is my first Arab & he looks awfully
*gangly* to me.  He is a BIG 3 yo: 15.1 at withers/15.2+ at rump (so he's
still going thru a very active growth stage), 8.75" canon bone.  He is
still very narrow in the chest & very lean (see ribs) in the barrel.  The
fields he is turned out on have rolling hills & he is showing muscle
development in the shoulders & backend.

Is this normal for a 3yo?  I'm used to TWHs & App's with more development
by this age.  He is feed 2x daily -- approx 1 lb of sweet feed (10%) + beet
pulp each feeding.  One field is fescue & clover, the other is timothy &
orchard grass.  He's wormed every 8 weeks & had his teeth floated the first
of June.  Should I be concerned or is this just an unsightly teenage stage?
 I know I can add oil for extra calories, but if this is normal for an
Arab, I'll just wait.  All the other horses are so plump right now, that
Spell looks almost anorexic.  But he also runs & plays more than the others.

TIA
Vicki Wheeler