horse cruelty

After reading all of the opinions on the horse that may or may not have died as a result of a ride, I see a trend.

This rider may or may not need horsewhipped.
This horse may or may not have been in condition for what he was asked to do.
The rider may or may not have contributed to his death.

BUT--it does seem clear to me that AERC needs to have a system of suspension or some sort of preventative program in place to keep ubusers from getting their horses in trouble. I kind of like the Australian system of making someone whose horse gets pulled too much do a year of novice.

Maggie Fleming