Re: RC: Fwd: RC: Horse abusers need to be stopped

In a message dated 6/30/00 9:52:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Endure4fun@aol.com writes:

<< This person should be tarred and feathered!!!  >>

That may well be.  But if that is the case, let's see some actual facts.
I've watched folks literally kill horses with overriding, too, and it makes
me sick.  (I'd also state here that vets have learning curves, too, and
perhaps rehashing this incident will help to educate the vets and the RM's
involved, if it is really as bad as you say--I know I learned a lot from the
death of a horse ridden by a very prominent rider, who I forewarned several
months prior to the death.  In retrospect, yes, I COULD have pulled the
horse, or more accurately, not allowed him to start, at the ride where I saw
him--but that would NOT have stopped the rider from going elsewhere where he
was less known and riding the horse anyway.)  But I've also seen folks
crucified in this forum and others with no facts to back up the accusations.
So far all that has been posted here is innuendo.  If this situation is as
bad as you say, get your facts together and approach the appropriate AERC
committee.

Heidi