Re: safe to feed joint supplements to younger horses?

In a message dated 6/29/00 1:03:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
betndez@budget.net writes:

<< >breaking, we begin GAG supplements. Later>we don't get the fat joints that
 are so common in TB early training. So, not
 >only are they not dangerous, but, over the long run, they're cost-effective
 >as well.
 >
 >ti

 Tom. . . do you recommend a specific brand, what dose, etc?

 Betty >>

At this point, there are so many of them out there, it's hard to choose. The
main thing is to find one that has both glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate
in it at about a 2 to 1 ratio by weight. For the racehorses, we've made a
product that mixes two manufactuers' glucosamine and chondroitin-based
individual products--both fortified with other stuff to match the observed
effect of Cosequin--the big boy in the game.

You can see what's in our stuff at www.equineracing.com--look up "Joint
Combo".

ti