Re: RC: RC: Posted today on a mostly Dressage Riders' BB . . .

In a message dated 6/28/00 9:52:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dgerman@earthlink.net writes:

> So here you have this guy on an extremely overweight, out-of-condition
>  Arab telling people about his experience with endurance. Was he telling
>  the truth? I suspected not (no sponge on the saddle made me suspicious),
>  but how would a person outside the sport know? He rides Arabs, has an
>  endurance saddle, talks the talk. Must know what he's talking about.

Deanna,

Did he specifically say he competed on the horse he was riding that day?
Perhaps his competition horse was at home. At any given tijme I have at least
2 horses that are fat and out of shape, but I still pleasure ride them. Also,
I do not cary my sponge if it is just a short 10 or so mile ride.  As for the
saddle, we have lots of pleasure riders who know absolutely nothing about any
type of distance riding, yet they ride in "distance" type saddles.  Afterall,
what could possibly be better for carrying all that stuff.  And some of the
pleasure trail riders around here carry way more stuff than we do!   Or maybe
this guy tried distance riding in a small way, he really liked it, and has
designs on doing it agian someday.  Some people are very slow to get started.
 Just offerin some ideas.  maybe this would be someone you could hook up with
to do some conditioning?

Jackie Baker