Re: RC: Re: Matthew Mckay -Smith...I am still laughing!

In a message dated 6/26/00 7:47:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
eyler@mindspring.com writes:

<< I knew him as the medical editor of Equus magazine and as the only person
 complete OD (the hundred) and Tevis the same year on the same horse.  >>

He won both those rides.  And that is the year that I met him (I was in my
sleeping bag next to my horse at the Fairgrounds in Auburn at the time.  To
one and all.....I was brain damaged from too much sun at the time of my post
....I thought someone was talking about riding a 5 yo horse on the OD (to me
that means the 100 miler, sorry) and then taking him to another big ride
after that.  Sooooo, I kind of reacted from there.  When a friend gently
pointed out that I had screwed up, I reread the post and realized that M
Mckay-Smith was the rider, talking about 50 milers, etc. and I knew that I
should have kept my fingers still on that one!  Actually, RC must be getting
much kinder and gentler, because NOBODY flamed me for my boo-boo (yet).
Thanks :))

Sylvia