Equimania, Endurance-Specific

> Field researchers from Ridecamp continue to collect data,

Well Bobby, may I add my husband Bill to the research team?  I'm going to
post an analysis he gave me 2 days ago.  I had just received a post from
a fellow endurance rider who commented that she had just gone to Canada
to pick up a new prospect, but in the last few years had never found time
to buy a new stove though the one she had was down to one very weak
burner.  Her husband finally had to buy a stove.  I thought it over
and...hmm the last major appliance I bought was a washing machine...15
months before I became involved in endurance.  Since then my husband has
purchased a microwave, clothes dryer, stove, dishwasher and refrigerator.
 I sent her post to Bill to show him he is not alone.  Here is his reply:

>snip<
I'm beginning to see a common thread among endurance riders. Endurance
riders don't do what they do simply out of love for horses and riding as
most people think. It is becoming increasingly apparent that endurance
riders share a sort of peculiar and rare form of genetic disorder that
twists their ideas of priorities from what is considered normal and
acceptable to a total lack of regard and concern for things that govern
the necessary flow of daily routine and trivial cultural expectations.
Instead, they suffer from a type of tunnel vision that funnels all their
thoughts and activity toward a certain and particular drive that many
people will see as obsessive. And anything outside of the realm of these
goals or does not assist in the advancement or perpetuation of these
goals is considered (if they are noticed at all) as useless, trivial, and
a waste of good time. Upon realization of the true source of this
malnormity, (which is actually beyond the control of the individual,) I
have become more understanding of the symptoms of this defect. And
endurance rides themselves serve sort of as a group support meeting for
people who are afflicted with this abnormality. Which is why it is so
therapeautic for the affected persons when they gather together with
like-minded individuals.

>snip<

I think he understands. :-)
Angie (trying to MAKE myself make a birthday cake for my daughter, but I
keep wandering out to pick the stall)

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.