Oldest USA Arab Breeders

    The oldest USA Arabian breeder is Henry Babson.  Babson imported 8 horses
in 1932 and has been an AHR member since then.  These horses are almost a
forgotten strain.  I, for one, am a believer in these lines.
    Good friends of Henry Babson were the Jackson's, (Roy and Nellie).  They
continued the Babson lines on the west coast (Valley Center, CA) until their
passing.  One of their top stallions was Disaan #0005121 out of Fay-El-Dine
out of *Fadl #0000896 and was awarded a memorial service at the Del Mar
Fairgrounds back in the 1970's.  There has been some wonderful articles in
the Arabian Horse World Mag. back in the 70's & 80's on these two breeders.
It breaks my heart that people don't know much about these people and their
horses anymore.
    I have two horses (still) that have this breeding; a mare Rousaandra and
my stallion Rabisaan #0125502 was breed by Roy & Nellie Jackson.  They look
like the original DB Arab horse.  Small ears, about 14.3, short backs, round
rumps, good small heads.  I'm thinking I will have these horses forever since
one is 28 and the other is 25 and still going strong!

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
661/513-9269