Re: RC: RE: Re: Re: Amblin/Racking/what ever

In a message dated 6/22/00 5:29:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
snoel@scottsburg.com writes:

<< I have a 2 yo Nevada mustang filly that I had MtDNA tested because she
looked
 so much like a Sorraia type horse.  Buckskin with a dorsal stripe all the
way
 down
 the tail, stripped legs, bi-colored mane, face mask, barring on the chest
and
 neck,
 to go along with the confirmation.  Boy, was I surprised when I got the
results
 back and thru the female line she was ARABIAN! >>

Yes, the mtDNA testing has been VERY interesting, to say the least...  And it
has really underscored the degree to which Arabians have influenced other
gene pools--and obviously not just through the use of Arabian sires on
"native" mares!  (Or more correctly, those native mares already had at least
some level of Arabian breeding!)

Heidi