RC: 1/2 arab, 1/2 saddlebred for endurance

>I am thinking about buying a half arab, half saddlebred for endurance.
>I've recently ridden two borrowed part ( 1/4 or less) saddlebred's and
have
>loved them both.  Has anyone had any experience with this cross for
>endurance?  I'm looking for something that is solid and can do
consistent
>50s -- slow is OK.

My 1/8 ASB 3/4 Arab is coming along great as a coming 5YO; legs are
looking great, recoveries are excellent, energy level is outstanding. At
least during this pre-competitive conditioning phase. She's showing that
she has the ability to focus and not waste energy. She still has
baby-brain farts and  saddlebred moments that I could really do without,
but nothing to do about that but wait.

Her 1/4 ASB full uncle cleaned up a lot of awards at our fast paced AHAO
CTRs (NOT NATRC!!!) for years doing over 300 miles a season with lots of
2 day 50's and 60's. No endurance rides, but I think that it's obvious
that at least that particular individual could handle the distance. His
trot is a LOT more boingy than my mare's which probably contributes to
some joint problems he's having as a 17YO.

As with any other horse, conformation and temperment are primary
considerations. I've seen Arab/ASB crosses with the best of both breeds
and the worst. I obviously like the cross, but  for endurance I'd look
for an individual without the "action" associated with a saddlebred. Too
much wasted energy and joint wear and tear.

My mare looks like an Arab. Can't see the ASB in her at all. Must've
washed out.

Deanna (who has no idea what the other 1/8 is)