Miss Pam passed the 1st phase of her vetting

I can  not thank everyone enough for the kind words and help you are all
offering.  You are
all very wonderful people.  I feel like Miss Pam belongs to us all.

The vet came out today for a pre exam.  This was not a big pre-purchase type of
exam.
We just want Miss Pam to settle in.  The #1 thing we wanted to be sure she was
healthy.  The vet said she is fine, no respiratory problems and by the way she
is
bright, alert, eating, and drinking she is not expecting to anything to surface.
But she
still will be quarantined for one month.  We will do a better pre-purchase kind
of exam
and xrays at a later date.

The only concern we had for Miss Pam was this "growth" on her vulva.  But it was
not a "growth"
The vet told us that in ALL racing fillies (all breeds) they sew up
their top part of the vulva so the don't "windsuck" through there when
racing...which causes them to slow up.  Anyway, when she got dumped they
never took the stitches out, and they had collected all kinds of goopy/gucky
stuff...(for lack of a better word!)   WHEW!!!!

Miss Pam does have a sore shoulder we will keep an eye on.  Caroline did
talk to Pams breeder who was very nice and was happy Pam had a good home.
She went on about what a sweet horse Pam is, the sweetest they had ever had.
and I can believe that - she was so good for the vet and when the vet was
taking out the stitches, Pam was just looking back at her, as if to say
"oooo that feels good"

Pam was named after a friend of the breeders in NJ, PAM.  and it was
her son (8years old) that called Pam, Miss Pam...showing his good
respect to females!

A little more background info on her breeding if anyone is interested

Fast Lane and is basically of old American breeding, i.e. Crabbet and
Davenport with a little Polish blood through *Latif and Tezka.  He is tail
female to the Sheykh Obeyd imported mare bred by the Blunts named *Indaia,
dam of the famous Al Marah stallion Indraff.

The dam's name is Shawana Flame Ku who is by Juan De Shawn (polish import x
spanish import) and out of Flamettea who's dam is also by a polish import
and out of a spanish import.  The sire of Flamettea is pricipally Crabbet with
some Davenport.