RC: Re: Arabian history

In a message dated 06/22/2000 8:43:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dfletche@gte.net writes:

<< Taking this back to where this thread started. Then for the most part the
 Arab was not gaited. Or if gait was common in Arabs of some years ago, it is
 not common today and the horse has been altered. You can't have it both
 ways. >>

I know that gaited Arabians is common in some lines. My endurance gelding who
is a purebred will amble or rack from time to time but I have a feeling it is
something that does just come out from time to time and not too many people
pay attention to it in Arabians. We know that some lines of Arabians have the
capability to be gaited but were not bred for that reason like many gaited
horses were.

Maria