probiotics

Hi everyone,

I was unable to search the archives and I have a question on
probiotics. How do you determine if a horse needs them? My 9 yr. old
QH gelding and I do maybe 35 miles per week, simply pleasure riding
at approx. 5 -6 MPH. We ride thru the winter, weather permitting,
and he is conditioned slowly each spring. This time of year, when we
are riding alot, he gets very fit and lean and a friend suggested he
needed probiotics.

Your thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Pam in MA