Re: RC: Re: Amblin/Racking/what ever

In a message dated 06/21/2000 6:57:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dfletche@gte.net writes:

<< Would an Arab from 1400 even be recognizable as an Arab today. Hell, the
 show ring Arabs are barely recognizable compared to Arabs of 1900.

As far as I am concerned the show ring has done more to destroy then to help
the Arab breed.  Show ring horses only make up 10% of the Arabian population.
So I will disagree with you on that statement since I have seen many a
preservation breeder with outstanding stock that looks much like their great
grandparents did.  I believe that the Arabian has the same look and magic
that they always have been know for. They were the bases for many of the
breeds we have today because of it.

Maria