RC: Feed-through fly control

Here's the flip side of the coin. At my barn, which borders state park
land with a large reservoir, the flies are thick, big and nasty. We've
been using the mineral/salt block with rabon in it and it does seem to
help keep the fly population down a bit.

Lesser of two evils. Fewer flies. Horses not stomping incessantly, not
covered with hives, not miserable. All have healthy, glossy coats, good
attitudes and plenty of energy. Only two get a moderate amount of work
and are doing short distance rides (not endurance). My horse is lowest
on the herd totem pole and probably ingests the least because the nasty
ol' QH gelding stands over the block and licks and licks and licks.....

In a message dated 6/19/00 7:54:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,