WE'RE OFF TO SAVE THE FILLY

Louisa Pierce Louisa_Pierce@3com.com
Yesterday there was a msg posted here about a Arab Racing
Filly that was going thru Massachusetts and on her way to
auction/slaughter/Premin etc..  Most of the horses that my
friend Caroline and I read about who need help are allwasy
on the other side of the State, and there is not much we can
do, but when we saw that this filly was passing thru out
State and thru our own town, we decided to do something.

We called each other on the phone and we figured out where
this filly would be heading (a riding farm in a town
called Acton)  I got on the phone and called the farm and
Caroline got on the phone and kept trying the numbers that
was listed in the email posted on RC.

After endless calls, we found out that the horse was
picked up in New Holland, CT and was on he way to Acton
Mass for the night, then she'd be shipped off to Canada
the next day.

We got ahold of the truck driver and we made a deal.  We
are on the way this morning to buy this filly.  She
is 4yr old and not 2 like the stated before, but we
will know more later and I'll keep you posted.

One more thing I could use help with.  We do have a
TEMP place to keep her, until we know 100% she has
not sickness etc.. but if anyone reading this has a
stall/farm available in the Hudson/Stow area please
Email me.  We are so caught up in this cause that we have
not had time to think where will she live.

I'll log on later with an update.

Louisa & Caroline in Mass