Re: RC: Snugpax

In a message dated 6/14/00 7:43:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time, greymare@jps.net
writes:

<< >
 The best packs I have found for the Sport Saddle are the Snug-packs.  The
 rear one has long straps that loop around to the girth ring and velcro back
 (make sure when you order these packs that you
 mention Sport Saddle).  These packs have a very low profile, but hold tons
 of stuff, and don't bounce around. What will you will need to do in addition
 with the back pack is get two tiny bungee cords, or two small dog collars,
 and attatch the pack to the rear of the cantle through the saddle rings.

 Everyone seems to carry these; Sporttack, Australian Connection, Teddy at
 Running Bear, and there is also a direct websire for snugpack-I believe
 www.snugpak.com; try a search.

Just a couple of points of clarification - Snugpax is a brand name, and a
very high quality product, in my opinion.   The are manufactured by Sharon
McKinney in Redding, CA.  The email address is:   snugpax@shasta.com

Running Bear does carry her products, but Sport Tack does not.  They used to,
but she could not fulfill the volume of orders they generated and maintain
the quality she likes, so Sportack now carries a knock off brand.

BTW, Sharon just designed for me, at my request, a pommel bag for my ZES
saddle that would work well with a Sharon Sare, a Sport Saddle, or any of the
other ones that have an arched pommel.   It is a smallish bag, w/o water
bottle holders (mine are on my cantle bag) and it works great for those
things I like to have right in my lap, so to speak - vet card, chap stick,
one dose of elytes. etc.  I think she said Teddy might begin to offer a few.
 As with all the Snugpax, there is NO bounce or shifting around of the pack.

Hate to sound like a commercial - no kickbacks, I promise.  I just think
these are great products.

pat farmer